23 February, 1942

 

The Nurses Home, General Hospital, Nottingham.

3.50 a.m.   23 / 2/ 42

Dear Stan,

Please forgive me for not having answered your letter before but I have been waiting until I knew definitely when I was having my nights off.  I got to know exactly 15 mins: ago, so you can see that I have not wasted much time in letting you know.

 I am having from 7th – 11th of March.  That is a week next Saturday until the following Wednesday.  I do hope that you can get leave then.  About an hour ago I was not feeling in the best of spirits as I was not at all sure about my nights off, the Steriliser had run over (making a lovely lake which I had to mop up) and Sister had been hanging around finding fault with everything but now that I am sure about my nights off and there is every possibility of you having yours – well – I am on top of the world.

 I was sorry that it took four days for my last letter to reach you but it seemed such a silly address that I was surprised it had reached you at all!  Of course, I know that isn’t your fault.

 I am afraid that this letter is short but I really must start my work.  I promise you a longer one next time.

 Yours very sincerely, 

Grace x

Comments

  1. Let's hope Stan did get leave for the same time...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will post it on the page as soon as possible.

Popular posts from this blog

Friday, 20 March, 1942

Tuesday, 21 April 1942

Going to a Dance