Monday, 13 April, 1942

Address as usual

Monday  12 a.m. 

My dear Grace

God!  What a journey I had last night.  I just missed a train at Leeds and had an hour and a half to wait there and then to crown it all, when I eventually got to York I had a couple of hours to wait there.  I eventually arrived back at my billet at 3.30 a.m. on Monday (this) morning.  I sat on my bed feeling rather fed up and wondering if coming home was worth all the bother of travelling.

When I thought of you and the happenings of Saturday evening and the pleasantness of Sunday, I knew that it really was.  So I went to sleep, tired but satisfied.

I hope that you get this letter before you start the second part of your exam.  Don’t forget what I told you.  You simply have to pass it – or else!!!

I can tell you I didn’t feel in too happy a mood today.  With not getting to bed until 4 a.m. I had great difficulty in getting up this morning and was so late that I missed my breakfast – and believe me I feel extremely hungry, now.  It’s surprising what we blokes go through for the feminine sex, isn’t it?

Well this note is short but I hope sweet. x  Don’t forget not to be too long in sending me that letter you are not going to write.

By the way, I appreciated you braving the cold winds of Cudworth to see me off.

Until next time.  Love Stan xxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday, 20 March, 1942

Tuesday, 21 April 1942

Going to a Dance