Monday, 6 April, 1942

The Nurses Home, General HospitalNottingham

Ward: Anderson   Monday evening  11.45 to be precise

 

My dear Stan,

 

Thanks for the quick reply to my letter which I received this AM.  To start with, my pen nib is quivering slightly but having dropped it three times this morning I am not surprised – therefore – having made apologies for my pen nib I will proceed with my letter.

 

You asked me to assure you that I can spare the time to see you this weekend.  Well – how does one set about assuring another person?  I will do my best however – I really & truly – most certainly and positively can spare the time to see you this week-end.  Now will that do? If it will not I am afraid that you will have to teach me how it is done during the aforesaid week-end.

 

You also wanted to know what we are going to do with our time – well – I think that if I meet you at Cudworth and let you go to see your mother for a few minutes – then see you later and we go to Elmsall or somewhere near.  I don’t suppose you will feel very energetic and I certainly shall not feel like dancing as I shall not have been in bed since 7 p.m. the evening before.

 

By the way, Stan, please don’t get yourself into trouble trying to get home to see me – it is not worth it – really.

 

I thought that I was actually going to write your letter without a break.  I never do manage it and I have not managed it this time.  Just as I got to the middle of the second page the ‘phone rang and I was informed that a child of 8, a perforated appendics was to be admitted.  Ah me!  I am managing to finish it at meal time so you should get it by Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

 

I think that I will finish rambling now and get down to some swotting, I have to do it now or at the week-end and I think doing it now is the lesser of the two evils so cheerio.

 

Love Grace xxx

 

PS  I am sorry but I have just remembered that I have not thanked you for the newspaper cutting of yourself.  Both Kit and I think that it is quite good, but don’t forget, an actual snap would be appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday, 20 March, 1942

Tuesday, 21 April 1942

Going to a Dance