Saturday, 25 July, 1942

G.H.N.

Saturday   

My Darling,

I looked forward to a letter from you this morning but as there was not one I decided that you could not have received my letter until this morning.

I feel quite happy this morning – Sister Tutor goes away to-day until August 23rd.

Kit went away yesterday for her half-day and day off.  I am looking forward to her return to-night.  It is amazing how one can feel lonely in spite of living with a large community.

I thought that you would like to receive a letter Monday morning, so I decided to write and post this to-day – just to make sure.  I know that I am looking forward to receiving one from you.  (I do hope I am not disappointed)

Nothing much has happened since I last wrote.  Just the siren again last Friday night and a few bombs dropped.  We had four casualties.  For a change I was not on fire watching duty.

I paid a visit to the photographers about an hour ago but the snaps are not ready yet.

Do you remember me telling you about that friend of mine that is getting married next month?  The wedding is to take place next Saturday and I have had an invitation.  I only hope the weather is nice.

My grey matter refuses to think any more (yes, I have a little) so I suppose I will have to close.  There are one or two things that I could tell you but they will keep until four weeks next Tuesday.  The days are slowly passing you see.  We will soon be saying three, then two, then one – and after that – I feel quite excited when I think about it.

Bye-bye darling.

All my love, Grace  xxxxxx

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace's Friends

Tuesday, 6 October, 19942

Monday, 28 September, 1942