Friday, 14 August, 1942

G.H.N.

Friday   

My Darling,

I am afraid that this letter will not be very long as I have only twenty-five minutes in which to write yours and mothers in – and now for the good news – Eric is safe.

I did not know about the sinking of the “Eagle” until yesterday morning – it was terrible not knowing anything and then mother’s telegram arrived at 1.15 p.m. yesterday telling me that he was safe and well.  Darling, I was so relieved and thankful.  I am hoping that he will get home for a little while now.

Thank you for your kind letter my dear.  I guessed you would be thinking about me.  I am sure you will be as thrilled with the news as I was.

It is so funny, isn’t it, how one cannot always find words to express one’s feelings?  Maybe I will be able to tell you when I see you how much that letter meant to me.

Thanks for the “bit of Scotland”.  I think that I will take it with me when I go for my next exam (which will not be for a few months) it might bring me a bit of luck.

However did you manage to write nine pages?  It was very interesting.  I love receiving those kind of letters.  How long did it take you to write it?

You mentioned that you hoped it would not take a cold to keep me near you one day – No darling somehow I don’t think it will.

As I really have not any more time to spare I will have to answer the rest of your letter to-morrow.

Bye my dear.  All my love, Grace.   Xxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace's Friends

Tuesday, 6 October, 19942

Monday, 28 September, 1942