Wednesday, 5 August, 1942

The Nurses Home
G.H.N.

5.8.42    

My Darling,

So you have had no letter from me for a whole week.  I expect that by now you will have had the one I wrote Monday.  You do sound to be stuck in a desolate spot.  I feel so sorry for you (I mean that too.  It isn’t sarcasm).

How old are the pictures they show at that tin shack picture house?  I bet they go back to the days of Charlie Chaplin in the silent films.  When I read about the fish, chips and ice-cream being mixed together well – I will not say what sort of queer feeling it gave me in my tummy.

You did not bore me with telling me all this, I like to know what you do and see.  What about the scenery in that part of the world.  Is that disappointing too?

It is my half-day today and as I write this I am thinking that in three weeks time I shall not be writing to you – I shall be with you!

It is my half day to-morrow too.  Lucky person aren’t I?  We are getting an extra half-day with it being August Bank Holiday week.  It is Kit’s half-day tomorrow too, so we are going out to a friends for tea and then going to the pictures in the evening.

I have no news from the Grimethorpe front for you.  I am waiting for a letter.

I am afraid this letter is not a long one but I suppose that four pages are better than none at all.

Bye-bye my darling.

All my love, Grace  xxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace's Friends

Tuesday, 6 October, 19942

Monday, 28 September, 1942