Sunday, 23 July, 1944

2364226
Sergt. S. Bristow
Headquarters
15 L of C Signals
Cen. Med. Forces

23 Jul. 44                                                                            179.

My Very Own Darling,

It’s been sweltering today, and now even though it is evening & I am sitting on my bed with only a short pair of pants on (a fine sight, too, I might tell you!), I am sweating like anything.

Another Sunday has come and gone, Darling, and we are another week closer to our meeting.  Tonight I am in a really optimistic frame of mind, for although one cannot judge what’s actually happening in Germany at the present time it is certainly the first signs of their weakening.  I hope it develops quickly, what do you say?

The postal service is beginning to get quite regular these days and as has become usual on Sunday morning, I had a letter from you, dearest to brighten up my week-end.  In it you describe sitting in the kitchen at home with only the Grandfather clock to keep you company, and it made me so much wish I could flit across the miles that separate us & be with you again.  Some of the happiest and most thrilling memories of our life together centred around the kitchen fireside at No. 56!  May they soon return, my beloved.

I had the afternoon off to-day & went down to the bathing beach, but I am afraid I don’t like it on Sundays.  There are too many people there and usually quite a lot of nurses & the members of the fair sex, and when I see them enjoying themselves with friends it makes me long more than ever for your presence, Darling.  I want you so dearly.

I am pleased that you were able to take Vera up to No. 19 for the afternoon but not so pleased to hear she had been viewing photographs of me in the “nood”.  Shall I be able to look her in the face again?  When we have children Darling, please don’t suggest having such a photo taken will you!!!  I take it that Vera’s health is improving a bit now if she is able to go as far afield as Burntwood Rd.

Despite the fact that it is so hot, the Italians are still playing football and I’ve been along to watch a match tonight.  Italian football is more entertaining than English soccer because there’s usually two or three scraps amongst the spectators.

No room for more, Darling, but just space enough to say “I love you Darling”. 

Yours Stan xxxxxxxx


#truelovestory  #lovestoryWWII   #lovestoryworldwar2  #1940slovestory #wartimelovestory  #lovestoryinletters  #loveletters 

#soldierWWII   #Italy1944  #ItalyWW2  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday, 20 June, 1944 - Two Letters

Thursday & Friday, 29 & 30 June, 1944

Monday, 29 May, 1944