Sunday, 30 July, 1944
Sergt. S. Bristow
Headquarters
15 L of C Signals
Cen. Med. Forces
30 Jul. 44 183.
My Very Own Darling
The A.P.O. have let me down again. Sunday’s arrived again, but not the usual letter from you, so Sunday this week is more than a little dull.
There’s nothing fresh to write about since I wrote to you a couple of nights ago.
I had an invitation out to dinner at a Sergts’ Mess in the local town & had quite a hectic time – too hectic by the feel of my head this morning!! They had a dance afterwards, but as all the partners were Italian I didn’t take much interest. My Italian is still confined to such words as “Yes” and “No” and the local word for “scram” which one has to chant at the children quite often.
One or two of the Italian girls there were rather pretty. They differ so much from the English girl though. They always dress to emphasise their bodily charms & so are more sensuous looking than the average English girl. Some of them are so much so that it makes you shudder to look at them!! But I had better not go too far into detail darling or you will be getting suspicious! You needn’t fear, however, precious, for there’s only one girl for me these days & she’s in England, you know exactly where!
There was quite a crowd down at the bathing beach today & so I didn’t do much swimming. The RSM (you can guess from his photo what a figure he cuts in bathing trunks) and I got into conversation with a South African Nursing Sister. She said her home was in Capetown & she described how she wanted to travel round the world, etc. It reminded me of a certain young lady who I used to know. I say “used to know” for she has changed her mind quite a lot during the past two years.
Remember Darling all the arguments we used to have in the early days about you and your wander-lust? I’m so glad its all changed now though. I told this nurse about you & said she too might meet someone who would change her mind for her before the war was over.
Ah me, Darling, what a funny life this is at present. I suppose you are the same as myself, always living in the past or looking into the future. Won’t it be really grand to be together again & be able to live for the present and for each other?
I do nothing but dream of the dawn of that day, my beloved. How I wish it would be soon. Whether it is soon or a long way off, however, you can always be sure of my love.
Always your Stan xxxxxxxxx
#lovestoryworldwar2 #1940slovestory #wartimelovestory #loveletters
#royalsignalsworldwar2 #soldierWWII #Italy1944
#ItalyWW2
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I will post it on the page as soon as possible.