Thursday, 27 July, 1944

2364226
Sergt. S. Bristow
Headquarters
15 L of C Signals
Cen. Med. Forces

27 Jul. 44                                                                            181.

My Very Own Darling,

I really am on top of the world!  The reason?  I’ve had two more letters from you to-day.  Four in three days is really just what the doctor ordered.  A grand tonic, Darling, especially when administered by such a charming nurse as yourself.

I was happy to hear that you had received a couple of the “snaps” OK and that you thought they were OK.  I agree with you when you say that one of them is the best I have had taken.  What I am looking forward to however, Darling, is the time when I arrive home in person; so you can look at the real thing!  I wish that happy day would hurry up and dawn.

The little bit about the sleepless nights because they baby was teething amused me.  Lots of practise, Darling, isn’t it, but I hope you will bring our children up to know that it is awfully inconsiderate to cry in the middle of the night!  Do you think you’ll be able to do that?  Yes, it does “make yer fink”!

You ask me if I remember writing to Matron for you.  Its just one of the many delightful episodes in our adventures together which I shall never forget.  You don’t know how pleased I was when you decided to stay those few days longer, my beloved.  That last long leave & the 48 hours which followed meant so much to me, and I am sure it did to you, too.  I wonder if Her Highness smelled a rat at all?

Yes, it is a horrible thought my dear to think that you’ve been to two Sports Days at Hemsworth since I’ve been away.  It is such things as that which make one realize more than anything that time is rolling by.

But Dearest One, it is a comforting thought to know that despite all the time that has passed & is yet to pass before we are in each other’s arms again our love has remained a constant and strong link between us.  Without that love, life would be a very dull and unhappy place, wouldn’t it?

I love you so much angel & will always do so.

Always your own, Stan  xxxxxxxxxxxx


#lovestoryworldwar2  #1940slovestory  #wartimelovestory  #loveletters 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday, 20 June, 1944 - Two Letters

Sunday, 23 July, 1944

Thursday & Friday, 29 & 30 June, 1944