Tuesday, 25 July, 1944
Sergt. S. Bristow
Headquarters
15 L of C Signals
Cen. Med. Forces
25 Jul. 44 180.
My Very Own Precious Darling,
A wonderful thing happened this morning – the postman brought me no less than three letters & much to my delight two of them were from you. So, as you can guess, I have been in high spirits today.
What a difference your letters make to my dreary life, my Angel. I can’t imagine how I should have carried on without them. However low my mood is, a letter from you always cheers me up.
And of course when it includes such thrilling news as that about your being busy sewing for our home, well it is really exciting. It may not seem a very thrilling piece of news to you my beloved that you have been sewing pillow cases, but it is to me and it makes me feel very proud that I have such a marvellous girl as you working for me and waiting for me while I am here in Italy.
And by the news these past days it looks to me as though we perhaps won’t have to wait for each other quite as long as we had dreaded we might. It definitely looks as though Germany is beginning to crack.
Your description of your visit to Doncaster to meet your friend Connie brought back to me the many times I had been to the same place to meet you.
Sorry to hear that the “Lyceum” coffee is still as bad as ever. It was a horrible brew they served to us the last time we were there wasn’t it? Neither of us was in the mood for enjoying it, anyway, as we were saying “Goodbye”
Yes, I suppose Vera would be in her element while Connie was staying with you with her baby. What about you, Darling? Did you pick up any useful tips? (I bet I don’t get an answer to that leading question)!! So when you took the baby up to No. 19 John kept her amused, did he? He is just like his brother – tender hearted where girls (and one in particular) are concerned! But joking apart, he seems to like children much more than Janet.
Well, that’s about all for this time Darling, but like you, I wish we could be together again quickly to experience the thrills of your embraces and the excitement of your merry presence.
Keep loving me Darling. I shall love you – always.
Yours, Stan xxxxxxxxxxx
#truelovestory #lovestoryworldwar2 #1940slovestory #wartimelovestory #lovestoryinletters #loveletters
#soldierWWII #Italy1944
#ItalyWW2
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I will post it on the page as soon as possible.