Wednesday, 19 July, 1944
Sergt. S. Bristow
Headquarters
15 L of C Signals
Cen. Med. Forces
19 Jul. 44 177.
My Very Own Darling,
No more letters since the two I had on Sunday, but as that’s only three days ago, I suppose I shouldn’t grumble, should I? We’ve had quite a batch of sea mail in this past few days, however, & that means newspapers and books. The last two evenings I have been very busy devouring the “Sth. Elmsall Times” & “Doncaster Gazette” & getting all the local scandal – at least the part that’s printable. I suppose there’s still as much floating about that isn’t. Being at home just now, I suppose you will be well informed!
Now that I am not in England they’ll have found someone else to discuss besides you & me.
As you will have guessed, Dear, I have not written any sea letters just lately because having “acquired” a good supply of air letters (whether by fair means or foul I won’t tell you) I am able to write three air letters to you a week, which I think is better on the whole. If you want some sea letters, however, just say the word, Dear!
If this letter takes much more than a week to reach you, Darling, you’ll be on the last lap of your holiday. Hope you enjoyed them & feel refreshed for the change. May we soon be able to have a holiday together. I’ve wished I was with you many times during the past three weeks.
In her last letter Mother claimed the weather wasn’t too good, but I hope it improved for the latter part of your leave. Your Mother and Dad & Vera will be sorry that your stay’s coming to an end.
Remember me to them, Darling, will you please. I hope they are all in good health. I’ll write a reply to Vera’s air letter as soon as I can find something sufficiently interesting to write about.
But to talk of ourselves, Darling, have I mentioned just recently what an adorable girl I have got for my future wife & how much I love her. Well, I do!
Always yours Stan xxxxxxxxxx
#truelovestory #lovestoryWWII #lovestoryworldwar2 #1940slovestory #wartimelovestory #lovestoryinletters #loveletters
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I will post it on the page as soon as possible.