Sunday, 1 October, 1944
Sergt. S. Bristow
Headquarters
15 L of C Signals
Cen. Med. Forces
1 Oct. 44. 213.
My Most Precious Darling,
The new month started well for me, for at 11 a.m. this morning the Postman brought in two letters from you. Just the sort of thing to make me really happy.
In one of them you were complaining about the approach of winter & how miserable the weather was. I’ve got the same “tick” too Dear for its not stopped raining for more than half an hour at a time during these last three days. I’m glad I managed to get my holiday in last week before it really got bad.
Your bedroom certainly seems to be a cheerless place. Dark blue is about the last colour that anyone would want to use in any room. Can’t think of any colder colour, can you? That’s one thing I don’t think we need have any qualms about, Darling. I think our ideas regarding interior decoration run more or less in the same direction, except on the subject of Grandfather clocks! but I seem to remember we had even reached an agreement on that subject!!
As you remark any place as long as we share it together will be heaven. I spend a lot of time wondering how we shall fare when I come back and we have to start house-hunting and, more exciting still, choosing furniture. I should imagine it costs a small fortune nowadays to fit up a house. Why didn’t we decide to get married whilst furniture was cheap!! Any ideas on how much I’ve got to save, Darling? Last time I looked in a shop in England I saw a nice bedroom suite for 200 guineas! Don’t think we’ll manage anything like that for a few years, do you?!! Still we’ve certainly got lots of excitement and fun in front of us, haven’t we?
I shouldn’t think South Wales will be a very cheerful place at this time of the year – in fact personally I think that the fireside is about the only nice place in winter-time. I am so looking forward to some very happy hours with just the two of us in front of our own fireside before much longer.
How much holiday are you going to get in between changing hospitals, Dear? I think you’d better hop aboard a plane & come over here. If you did however I should want to keep you here & I don’t think the Grimsby hospital authorities would see anything of Nurse Skuse. What do you say? Just think of the thrill of meeting each other again. Wonder if my tacky-cardia will be up to it!
Well, my own Darling, space as usual seems to have run away. Wish these things were made of elastic.
Just room to tell you once again that I think you’re the swellest girl ever and that I love you so very very much Darling.
Always you own Stan xxxxxxxxx
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I will post it on the page as soon as possible.