Sunday, 24 May, 1942

 


56 Brierley Road
Grimethorpe
Nr Barnsley

Sunday.  M.D. 

My dear Stan,

Pleased to hear that you have definitely got 10 days leave.  I have been making enquiries but nothing spectacular seems to be happening here next week.

I arrived home last Monday at 7 p.m.  I travelled to Doncaster with Kit and Warren.  It just rained all the way.

Tuesday I met Jean and Kit in Doncaster.  We did a bit of shopping and then went to see “Hatters Castle”.  It was quite good but it wandered away from the story quite a bit.  Have you read the book?

Wednesday I went with Mother to the “big city of Barnsley”.  It rained again.

Thursday I went to Sutton to Kits.  Friday morning we went cycling.  We went to a nearby village.  All went well until we were about 100 yds from home and I went into Kits back wheel.  We finished up on the grass verge – none the worse for wear though.  Friday afternoon we were going to take a trip on Askern lake but the sky looked pretty black so we decided otherwise.  We were jolly glad too as five minutes after it rained heavily.

Saturday I returned to Grimethorpe.  Sunday (today) it is raining again.  Tomorrow there are three dances – one at Brierley – one at Shafton – and one at the local “Palais”.  Mother wants me to go to the flicks to see “Blossoms in the Dust” but I have not made my mind up yet.  Mother is going out to-night so I am staying in. (Good all at once!)

I don’t know when this letter will reach you with it being Whit week-end.  It should reach you by Tuesday though.  Let me know definitely the time of your arrival in Cudworth next Saturday and I will be there to meet you.

As Mother is waiting for this letter (she is going to post it for me) I had better close so bye-bye.

Love Grace xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday, 20 March, 1942

Tuesday, 21 April 1942

Going to a Dance