Sunday, 19 July, 1942

 Sunday.  12.30 p.m. 

My Darling,

As I write this letter my mind travels back to last Sunday – it seems years ago – and then I start wishing that time would travel back to last Sunday or that the next five weeks will pass quickly.  I wonder too – if you are thinking of last week and wishing the same thing.  Ah well!  I suppose I ought not to indulge in wishful thinking.

I hope that you received my last letter yesterday.  If you did not you should have it to-morrow and this one on Tuesday.  It is nice to receive post though, isn’t it?

I have just had a busy morning doing some necessary sewing.  Wicked girl aren’t I?  Sewing on a Sunday!

You know darling, I have not much news for you, so I am afraid that my letter is very short but I thought that you might like to know that I am thinking of you and loving you.

Only ten more minutes and I am due back on duty so bye-bye my dear.

All my love, Grace  xxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace's Friends

Tuesday, 6 October, 19942

Monday, 28 September, 1942