Thursday, 30 July, 1942

11 PM  Thursday 

My darling,

I have been thinking about you most of the day, wondering where you are and what you are doing.  I do hope that you find every-thing up to expectations and that the weather is kind to you.

I suppose you think I am crazy writing letters at this hour of night when I shall be called again at 6 a.m.  Maybe I am crazy about you!

I always feel that I can write better at night somehow.

I was surprised to find in your letter this morning, that you were not leaving until Tuesday.  I thought it was Monday morning.

So you would pass through Gretna Green?  Well! What do you think of the place?  Is it as romantic as it is supposed to be?  I understand that marriages are not performed at Gretna Green now.  Is it true?

I am afraid that I must finish this to-morrow.  It is nearly time for lights out.  Until to-morrow my darling – good-night.

Friday, 3.45 p.m.

It is a glorious day to-day.  I hope this weather holds for to-morrow.  I went to the pictures yesterday to see Robert Taylor in “Her Cardboard Lover”.  The craziest, sloppiest film I have ever seen for goodness know how long.  Never waste your money going to see it.  It is not worth it.

This afternoon I went shopping with Kit and Bunny.  I had to take them with me to help choose a wedding present for to-morrow.  I just could not make up my mind whether to get linen or china.  I know my own taste but I always find it so difficult when buying for other people.  In the end I got china.  I will not bore you any more with the subject of wedding present although I do not seem to have anything else to tell you.

I had a letter from home.  They all wish to be remembered to you.  Vera told me about your mother going up to see her.  She also mentioned that John had been up and kept her highly amused.  They had heard that Nottingham had been bombed!  We have had a few bombs but nothing to talk about.  It is amazing isn’t it how gossip spreads.

I really must close, it is almost tea time and I have to change into uniform so bye-bye.  You have my love darling, Grace xxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace's Friends

Tuesday, 6 October, 19942

Monday, 28 September, 1942