Around 22 August, 1942

G.H.N.                                                                                

My Darling,

I suppose that by the time you receive this letter you will have started your leave and be only twenty odd miles away from me.

I think that if you meet me at about quarter past two it will be alright.  That is giving me fifteen minutes in which to change and make myself presentable.

The best place to meet is outside the Castle gates.  It will be quite easy for you to find the Castle and only about three minutes walk from the centre of the city.

First of all find the city square, which as you can guess, is in the centre of the city.  Then find Fryor Lane – no it is not a narrow lane, quite a decent road in fact.  Walk up the road and there in front of you will be the Castle.

I am afraid that I have had to write this in rather a hurry, so forgive it being brief.  I do hope you have no difficulty in getting fixed up and in finding your way around.

I will make a little plan which may help you.  Until Tuesday then my dear.

All my love, Grace   xxxxxx

We cannot be sure of the date of this letter, as Grace has not only omitted the date, but the day as well.  They are making arrangements to meet on Grace's half-day, Tuesday, 25th August, followed by her full day off.  The Castle gates are only a two or three minutes walk from the Nurse's Home.

Stan will have had to find somewhere to stay while he is in Nottingham, hence Grace hoping that "you have no difficulty in getting fixed up".

We will now leave them to their two days together and come back for the next letter on 27th August.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace's Friends

Tuesday, 6 October, 19942

Monday, 28 September, 1942