Saturday, 5 September, 1942

G.H.N

Saturday evening 

My Darling,

So work is not going down too well now that you are back.  I suppose by now though you will have got settled down to Army routine, once again.

Whatever you do, you must not let thoughts of me distract you from your work.  Believe me, I am not worth so much thought.

The first few days after your return did go slowly but after that time has not dragged so much.  I seem to have had lots to do and starting lectures again has left me pretty busy.

I do feel sorry for you – having to go all that way to a picture house.  I decided to see “Rio Rito” instead of “Reap the Wild Wind”.  It was ever so funny, I just laughed and laughed all the way through the picture.  The other picture showing was funny too.  I think that a laugh is as good as a tonic.

By the way when you write home tell Janet I have three South American stamps for her. 

So Vera would not lend you the book.  You see, she respects my word.  You know, I told you that it is not good for little boys to read.

Mother sent me the South Yorkshire Times this morning and there is a bit in the Grimethorpe section about Eric and also a bit about your father and Mr Blyth raising £50 for the hospital.

I will post this early in the morning and then you might receive “Monday morning post”.  I am hoping to receive a letter Monday morning.

Well darling, I am very tired and I really have no fresh news for you, so I will say Goodnight.  Love from Grace   xxxxxxxxx

 

        The cuttings about Eric.  The smaller one, with the photo of Eric, is from the South Yorkshire Times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace's Friends

Tuesday, 6 October, 19942

Monday, 28 September, 1942