Sunday / Monday, 20 and 21 September, 1942

G. H. N.

Sunday evening   

My Darling,

As I write this I wonder where you are and I am hoping that you might be on the staff of this mobile unit and be posted at Leeds.

I am eagerly looking forward to a letter from you to-morrow letting me know where you are.

I received your last letter about 10 a.m. Thursday.  It was quite a shock to hear that you were being moved again.  I thought that you were out in the wilds for a definite period.  Of course, nothing is really definite in the army is it?

As I was not off until Thursday afternoon I knew that it would be impossible for me to write you a letter that would arrive before Friday lunch time.

Now for news about the home front.  There is not much.  I had a letter from home Saturday morning.  My mother said that she had seen your mother and your mother had mentioned to mine that you were being moved.

All my family wish to be remembered to you.

I received a letter from John a few days ago.

I went to a “Trade Show” Friday morning and saw “Secret Mission”.  It is a propaganda film but quite good.

We were going to the pictures last night but as it was quite late when we got out, all the picture houses were full and there were long queues waiting so we went to the “News House”.

I will not write any more tonight as I must go to bed early.  Kit and I have been rather late the last two mornings, in fact, we were sent to Assistant Matron Friday morning.  We got off quite lightly however, as we had never really been late before.  If there is anything I dislike it is getting up really late and to rush getting ready.  I think you know the latter well enough from personal experience.

Monday morning

Well, the Army authorities do take a long time to make up their minds.

What is it like to be so important that your presence is required in several places at once?

I am posting this letter as soon as I have finished it so that you will get it Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning.

I agree with you, it is pretty awful being kept waiting for your letters.  Thank goodness for the postal service, as bad as it is sometimes. 

I had a letter from Connie this morning, she was very disappointed that we did not go to see her when you were over.  We really must go the next time you come, whenever that may be.

So the dance was not very successful.  What a pity.  I think it must be lack of organisation.

So you try to tell me that you are reforming.  I do not think that you need reform really.  I like you just as you are.

What does your Mother think about it, does she think that reform is necessary?

I think that I have told you all of interest (not that you will find this scrawl interesting) so, all my love dear.

Grace  xxxx

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace's Friends

Tuesday, 6 October, 19942

Monday, 28 September, 1942