Thursday, 10 September, 1942

G. H. N.

Thursday morning 

My Darling,

Having been thoroughly frightened by your last letter and by your threat to run me round the corridors if I do not write longer letters – well, I think that I had better make this letter a bit longer.

Really, I do not know what to write about – nothing of interest has happened here since I last wrote to you.  Life goes on just the same – work and lectures with a few hours to write to your and various other friends in between. 

Yesterday was my day off for this month.  I could not go home as I had a lecture at 6 p.m., Tuesday evening.  I had a morning in bed though, so I did not worry, or at least I was in bed even though I did not sleep.  I was awake at 7 a.m. and spent a couple of hours reading.

It was a very different day off to the one I spent a fortnight ago.

We are having glorious weather here at present.  I am dreading the thoughts of night duty again.  I expect to be on night duty in about a fortnights time.  Really I am due for a move from the ward I am on at present but as Sister goes for her holidays this week-end I don’t think I shall be moved till she comes back.

By the way, I hope you do not really think I suffer from an “inferiority complex”.  I can assure you that I do not, you did not take that particular sentence as I intended you taking it, so really – I could not expect you to.  Anyway, do not worry about what I said any more.

I suppose you will think all the above is “Double Dutch”.

I was sorry to hear that your Mother is not so well.  Give her my love when you next write and tell her that I hope she will soon be feeling better.

Glad you enjoyed yourself Sunday night.  It is something to know that our country people do not starve – even though they appear to in these German occupied countries.

Well my dear – work calls.  I think that I have achieved a few lines more this time.

Au-Revoir, love Grace  xxxx

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace's Friends

Tuesday, 6 October, 19942

Monday, 28 September, 1942