Friday, 2 October, 1942

 Note: Stan has now been re-posted again – this time to Norfolk.

The Nurses Home
General Hospital
Nottingham

Friday, 10.30 a.m.   

Dearest Stan,

Although I am not writing this in class, I find that my lecture book comes in quite handy (as you can see).

To-day, everything is upside down.  The hospital is holding a “Bring and Buy” sale in aid of some more linen for the new wards.  If these hospitals were run under some national scheme there would be no need for such things.  Our recreation room is full of different stalls and our lounge is a cafe – such is life.

I had a move last Wednesday to Ward 2A which is a women’s surgical ward.  Laughton and Bunny are on the same ward.  I don’t suppose I shall go on night duty yet for a while.   I shall go home for my day off.  I cannot get Sunday off but might get a Saturday.  Now far away from home is Norfolk and could you get for 48 hours?

I went to the flicks last night to see “Bed-Time Story”.  It was a bit silly in parts.  We are having a dance next Friday in aid of this Linen Guild.  I suppose I shall go.

Sorry to hear you have a cold again.  Dear, dear, what have you been up to?  You know the grass is damp at this time of the year, even though we have a harvest moon shining.

I hope that you receive this wee note by Monday.  I want you to receive it before you start on your journey.  I hope that the travelling is not too bad for you – and don’t catch another cold or I will write to that Adjutant and tell him that its ‘prevention’ that's wanted – not cure.

Until next time then – bye-bye my dear.  Love Grace  xxxx

2 p.m.  Just received the parcel.  Thank you so much.  I have not decided what to make with them yet, but will let you know if it is anything “mentionable”.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday, 6 October, 19942

Monday, 28 September, 1942

Grace's Friends