Friday, 21 July, 1944
Grimethorpe (154)
My Own Darling,
I hope there will be enough space to say all that I want to say in this letter. I came to the end of my letter last night before I realised it.
First of all I must give you your Mother’s message. She has been up this evening with the twins. She asked me to tell you that a telegram came for your Father this morning to go to Cranwell. Your Grandfather, I understand, is worse. Your Mother thought that this letter might arrive before her own.
I am sorry Darling about your Grandfather but in his condition, well, the quicker he is relieved of the agonies he must be in, the better for all concerned. From what your Mother has told me he must be suffering dreadfully.
I showed your Mother the two photographs which you sent me. Like me, she thinks they are good. Like your R.S.M. I too do not know how you dare enclose them. I think that the Censor must favour you. There was I – getting all jittery when you told me you were going to send them – and I had no need to worry at all. Anyhow, I am glad that you did as I got them so quickly.
By the way, I hope that the R.S.M. has heard from his wife. He must feel lonely if he does not hear regularly. Of course, if she is in London one can understand why he has not heard. Whether he hears or not, Darling, you can tell him that he does not stand a look in as I happen to be head over heels in love with you.
What do you think of the latest news from Germany? What a pity that whoever did try to kill Hitler and his cronies did not succeed. I really think that the German people are getting to the end of their tether.
If the news continues to be as good as it is now this war should not last much longer. Really, the speed at which the Russians are advancing takes one’s breath away. The Italian news also continues to be good, doesn’t it?
Oh, my Darling, if only this war would end soon. I have had one big heartache ever since you
went away and the only cure for that is to have you home again. Until we are
together again you will have to imagine that these kisses are the kisses that
we used to have. Good-night. All my love, Grace xxxxxx
#truelovestory #lovestoryWWII #lovestoryworldwar2 #1940slovestory #wartimelovestory #lovestoryinletters #loveletters
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I will post it on the page as soon as possible.