Monday, 24 July, 1944
G.H.N.
24.7.44 (155)
My Very Own Darling,
Back again at the old G.H.N! I arrived back at about 7.45 p/m yesterday feeling tired and dusty. I then had to unpack and collect all my odds and ends of belongings that I had left with various people.
Ivy then made a cup of tea, which was very much appreciated and I eventually retired to my bed at nearly midnight. Needless to say I slept like a log after all the disturbed nights I had had with the baby.
This morning when I arrived on duty I found that Sister had decided to take her week-end and will not be back until tomorrow at 2 p/m, or at least she left me a letter in which she said she would not be back before 2p/m so I shall just have to wait and see if she turns up.
To-day has gone down fairly well – taking into consideration that it is my first day back. The ward is full so consequently we are rather busy. I do not mind that though, work does take one's mind off things – to a certain extent. During my holiday I was thinking and longing for you every minute, Darling. When I am working the days do seen to go quicker and the day when you return cannot dawn too quickly for me.
I find that this coming week-end is my week-end off but as I have just returned from holiday I do not think I shall go home.
Before I went on holiday Sister arranged to have this coming week-end off and I was to have had the following one, which would have suited me better. As a Sister is allowed the privilege of changing her mind I suppose I will have to accept her decision – and be thankful for it!
According to your recent letters you seem to be having more than your share of sun over there. I wish that you could bottle some and send it over here. We have hardly had any sun. If it is not raining the sun does not get through but the sky seems to remain continually dull. Always grousing about something, are we not?
Well, Darling, space is short and it is time for bed so
once again. Good-night and all my love, Grace. xxxxxx
#truelovestory #lovestoryWWII #lovestoryworldwar2 #1940slovestory #wartimelovestory #lovestoryinletters #loveletters
#1940snursinghistory #1940snurse
#nursing1940s #nursinghistory
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I will post it on the page as soon as possible.