Wednesday, 26 July, 1944
Sergt. S. Bristow
Headquarters
15 L of C Signals
Cen. Med. Forces
26 Jul. 44 181.
My Very Own Darling,
Tonight I thought I would answer the second of the two letters which I received yesterday. I haven’t any fresh news, but I think I can find enough to fill an air letter with. Perhaps I shall have to fill up space by telling you how much I love you and how much you mean to me, but I am sure you won’t mind that, Darling, will you?
Most of the letter was about your visit to your sister-in-law. I feel sorry for your Mother and Father when you tell me of the way your Brother treats them, for there’s no doubt about it, they think the world of him. I am surprised that Bessie does not encourage him to go home on his leaves too, I know you would insist as far as I was concerned.
Still, relations are dangerous people to discuss, so I’ll change the subject. I should have loved to have seen you attempting to milk a cow. It must have been very funny! No, dear, you need not start worrying about the possibility of my becoming a farmer – it is too much like hard work! Whatever happens after this war, I hope things aren’t so bad that I have to start farm labouring to provide for the wants of my pretty wife.
How did you get on at Hemsworth Grammar School Sports? Hope it kept fine. The cricket field always used to look so nice on Sports Day, with those fine copper beech trees dominating the whole scene. Ah me, little memories of England such as that often creep into my mind.
But, my precious, the person who is most often in my thoughts is you. From the time I get up to the time I go to sleep at night I am always thinking of you and wishing we were together. If ‘wishing could have made it so’ as the song suggests, we should have been together long ago, Darling.
I love you so my
beloved. You are my very life.
Keep loving me always. Yours Stan
xxxxxxxxxxx
#lovestoryworldwar2 #1940slovestory #wartimelovestory #loveletters
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I will post it on the page as soon as possible.