Wednesday & Thursday, 19 & 20 July, 1944

Grimethorpe

19.7.44                                                                               (153)

 My Very Own Darling,

Another letter arrived from you this morning.  Though it is now turned midnight I felt that I would just like to write a few lines to “my man” before I retired.

I have been writing to Matron a friendly little letter you know, to tell her that I shall be returning to the G.H.N. next Saturday!  Remember the time when you wrote her, Darling?

I have been visiting your old school again to-day.  Connie, the baby, your Mother, John & Janet and myself went to Sports Day.  Oh – I must not forget the two Kendall children – they came as well.

It was quite a warm day and every body enjoyed themselves.  This is the second visit I have made whilst you have been away.  Your Mother and I both wondered if you would be home to go with us next year.

I hope so.  I am sure that I could never exist if I thought you would be away another year.  I really ought to go to bed and try to get some sleep.  Neither Connie or I have had much sleep the last two nights because of the baby.  She is teething – and don’t we know it.  I was up at three this morning making baby food while the child screamed its head off upstairs!!  “It makes you think.”

20.7.44 – 10.30 A/M

Imagine my surprise and joy when two more letters arrived from you this morning, enclosing the photographs!

I think they are excellent snaps, the best you have had taken.  I was very thrilled with them.  I am glad that you manage to get your photo taken from time to time Darling.  I can see then that the Army does not work you too hard and that you are not starved!

I wish that we could get films then I could send a few snaps along to you but it is impossible – unless of course one happens to be “well in”.

The end of the page again.  These air-letters are not long enough are they?

As always you have all my love my Darling.  Good-night my Precious.  Ever yours,

Grace xxxxx


#truelovestory  #lovestoryWWII   #lovestoryworldwar2  #1940slovestory  #wartimelovestory  #lovestoryinletters  #loveletters   #rationing1940s


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday, 20 June, 1944 - Two Letters

Monday, 29 May, 1944

12 February, 1942