Monday, 14 August, 1944
Sergt. S. Bristow
Headquarters
15 L of C Signals
Cen. Med. Forces
14 Aug. 44. 189.
My Very Own Darling,
I didn’t manage to get a letter written to you yesterday as, for a change, I was busy. I was very pleased to get your Sunday letter & to know that things were going OK at the Hospital etc. & more important, that you still loved me!
Yes, Sweetheart, I too have often wondered where our re-union will take place, as you say, wherever it is, it will be so thrilling, but I hope it isn’t on a crowded station, or anywhere like that. Personally, I hope that it will be somewhere quiet, where there’ll be just the two of us, for when that happy time does arrive, I shall just want to hold you closely for hours & hours & not want anyone else to be near. Oh, Darling, what a happy day it will be when we do at last become re-united.
There’s one thing, Darling, the news is so good that it gives us all such encouragement regarding the end of the war. In another couple of months time, if things progress at this rate, I am sure that there’ll be a different complexion on things in Europe.
I don’t know if you’ve ever heard me, Darling, but in England when anyone used to ask me when I was going to get married, I always used to say “Christmas 1944” (that being the time you finished at Nottingham).
I’m afraid I won’t be able to keep that promise, shall I Dear, but I am hoping that Christmas 1945 may hold quite a lot of interest for two certain young people whom you and I are very interested in? What do you think? Do you think I will manage to get back to England by then?
Oh, my Beloved, I seem to have been away from you for years & years, and I know it must have seemed much worse to you left behind in England. I am very proud (and very thankful too) that our love for each other during that time has waxed, rather than waned, as the love between so many people has done. It is a grand foundation upon which to base our future life, isn’t it, Dear?
Your reference to walks over Brierley Common and the fields of Grimethorpe brought back many memories, Darling, first of arguments I used to have with you at the start of our friendship & then later the delightful strolls together in the gathering twilight, when we seemed to be together & so far from everyone else.
Yes, all my memories of our time together always fill me with pleasure, Angel. I’m sure it will always be like that.
I am always yours. Stan xxxxxxxx
#lovestoryworldwar2 #1940slovestory #wartimelovestory #loveletters
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I will post it on the page as soon as possible.