Saturday, 5 August, 1944

G.H.N.

5.8.44                                                                                 160

My Precious Darling

Two more letters arrived from you this morning!  It really is grand Darling, receiving all these letters from you.  According to the postmark on one of them it had only taken five days to come.

So you have had yet another photograph taken!  Some people are lucky!  Wish that I could get a film over here – not that I begrudge you having a film Dear – not by any means, I am only too pleased that you can get films but it would be rather nice to have a few snaps taken to send to you.  However, I am looking forward to receiving yet another snap of you to add to my collection.  You say that you had it taken on the bathing beach but you did not say whether or not you were in your bathing costume!

In a letter I wrote you a few weeks ago I mentioned that I had not heard anything further from the Ministry of Labour re “calling up” but I spoke too soon, as a form arrived for me a couple of days ago which I have to fill in and return.

Most of the other Nurses that took their “Finals” when I took mine have also received them.  I shall fill it in when I have finished this letter to you.

I notice that the option of joining the Q.A.’s has been crossed out, leaving open the other fields which I told you about.  If I am called up I shall endeavour to join the Q.A.’s but should it remain closed I do not know what I shall do.  I suppose that it is no good meeting trouble half-way though, so for the time being I shall sit back and wait and see what the next step is.

It was a really lovely morning this morning so Mary and I went out.  We went to the “Granary” for coffee and looked around the town but there is not much that one can buy.  In the end we decided to stroll into the Castle grounds.  It was very pleasant.  I wished I was off for the remainder of the day with nothing to do but sun bathe.

Well Precious, I have not left much space in which to say “I love you – very much”.  Bye Darling, Grace xxxxxx

 

#lovestoryworldwar2  #1940slovestory  #wartimelovestory  #loveletters 

#1940snursinghistory  #nursinghistory  #1940snurse   #nursing1940s    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, 23 July, 1944

Thursday, 6 January, 1943

Going to a Dance