Sunday, 13 August, 1944

G.H.N.                                                                                              164

13-8-44

My Very Own Darling,

Today is Sunday and my half-day so I thought that I would occupy the first part of it by writing to you.

I have just been re-reading your last two letters.  Nothing gives me greater pleasure Darling, than reading your letters.  I am afraid that I filled the greater part of my last letter to you with grouses so consequently did not answer your letters properly.

However, I promise you that there will not be one grouse in this letter.

So you are still managing to take your moonlight bathes!!  How I wish that I could join you.  No, Darling – I should not be shy swimming in the nude with you – or at least, I don’t think that I should (That is of course when you have taught me how to swim).  You see – I shall keep you to your promise! 

I often think about all the things we intend doing together after you come home though I do not think there is one place in the British Isles where we could moonlight bathe together, is there?  The people in this country are so narrow minded that we would be told we were indecent – to say the least.

When I was out at Selsden do you remember me telling you that I was helping a girl named Joyce make “undies” for her trousseau?  Well, she broke – or at least he broke off the engagement and Joyce is engaged for the third time, this time a Canadian Flying Officer.  Once again Joyce has asked me to help her with her sewing, so that is what I am about to do when I have finished your letter.  It makes me wonder if she will really get her man to the altar this time!

Just enough space left in which to say I love you my Darling and I think you are the grandest man on earth. 

Always you own Grace xxxxxx

 

#lovestoryworldwar2  #1940slovestory  #wartimelovestory  #loveletters 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, 23 July, 1944

Sunday, 6 August, 1944 - Two Letters

Saturday, 24 October, 1942