Tuesday, 15 August, 1944

G.H.N.                                                                                        165

15.8.44

Dearest, Darling Stan,

I was so sorry to read in the letter which you wrote me on our anniversary that you were in bed with a cold.  I do hope that it is much better by now and that you are feeling more like yourself.  I hope that you are being looked after properly Darling – you know you are very precious to me.  How I wish that I could hop on a ‘plane and come out there to look after you.

I am afraid that if once I got out there they would never drag me back again until you could accompany me.

However, I really think that the end of this so and so war is getting near, especially after hearing the good news to-day about the landings in the south of France.

The war is going so well these days, isn’t it?  I really do think though that Jerry will not give in until he is thoroughly licked.

Darling, how I long to be with you and share in the scene which you described to me.  To walk with you again in the moonlight my Darling and to sit with you on the silvery sands.  Ah me!  That is indeed wishful thinking at the moment.

Just to be with you – wherever you are at the moment would be heaven.  To look into your eyes again and to hear you day “I love you” and I would attain my seventh heaven!

In one of your letters which I received whilst on holiday you asked me if I had any plans as to where I would like us to spend our honeymoon.

If we get married in the summer Darling I could think of no place better than some quiet village by the sea.

Yes Dear, I know that we have to be practical and find the ideal village and get this war over and you home again my Precious but there is no harm in dreaming these things is there?  Also, you may have other plans, though for myself, wherever our honeymoon may be spent I do not care – as long as I am with you – I shall be happy.  Until the day dawns when we meet again you will still have my love.

Your own Grace xxxxxx


 #lovestoryworldwar2  #1940slovestory  #wartimelovestory  #loveletters 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, 23 July, 1944

Sunday, 6 August, 1944 - Two Letters

12 February, 1942