Tuesday, 29 August, 1944

2364226
Sergt. S. Bristow
Headquarters
15 L of C Signals
Cen. Med. Forces

29 Aug. 44.                                                                                         196.

My Most Precious Darling,

I was so glad to get your letter today & to learn that in all probability the Ministry of Labour were not going to “muck you about” too much.

Thank you so much my Darling for deciding to stay near at home.  I was most pleased because if things continue at their present rate it will perhaps not be too long before I come home.

It’s no good trying to hide the fact that I am happy that you decided not to join the services, for I suspect you know my feelings on the subject.  It will perhaps sound very selfish and possessive on my part, my dear, but it is only because I love you so much that I feel that way, and I am sure that in such circumstances you won't mind my being selfish & wanting to keep you all for myself.

Quite frankly, Darling, although you would have found the services interesting in lots of ways, there is a lot of discomfort etc when one removes the superficial glitter and romance, many more than you will encounter during a winter’s stay in Derbyshire.

I was very very thankful Darling that you considered me in choosing to go to the place nearest to home.  Little things like that in your letters make me realize just how lucky I am having such a fine lovable girl like you to come home to.  I only hope that the life we shall have together when I get home will fully recompense you for all you have done for us during my absence.

This is one of the many occasions when I should love to be near you Darling so that I could tell you fully – and show you too, just how much you mean to me and how much I love you.  I should take you into my arms, draw you close & smother you with kisses and then – well you know what would happen after that; we should lose count of time in the intoxication of each other's kisses and caresses as we do often did when we were alone in front of your kitchen fire.  Those episodes in our life are the most thrilling I have ever experienced, my beloved, and I am sure that however long we are together the delights of our mutual love-making will never lose their beautiful thrills.  Oh Darling, tonight is one of those nights when – well the feeling towards you is indescribable.  I’m sure you must often feel the same way!

Although we often incurred the anger of our parents for those late nights (or mornings) I am glad we had them Darling, aren’t you?  Hope you’ve never regretted them.  I think they went a long way towards proving how deep our love for each other lay and what our marriage will mean in terms of happiness, don’t you?

No more space, Darling, worst luck.  Night night and many many kisses.

Your husband-to-be  Stan xxxxxxxxx

 

#lovestoryworldwar2  #1940slovestory  #wartimelovestory  #loveletters  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, 20 August, 1944 - Two Letters

Going to a Dance

Sunday, 23 July, 1944