Tuesday, 29 & Wednesday, 30 August, 1944

G.H.N.

29.8.44                                                                     171

My Own Precious Darling,

An air letter arrived from you yesterday dated 20th Aug.

In your letter Darling you remark upon how well the war was going.  It certainly is, and now that Bulgaria has followed Rumania out of it all – well – it makes one very optimistic does it not?

Oh Darling, as I have told you dozens of times before, it cannot end too quickly for me.  I long so much to have you home again.

You certainly seem to have enjoyed yourself at the football match.  I only hope Dear that you never want to drag me to a football match as I am afraid that I am not very interested in the game.

Hope you manage to get that negative developed.  I am looking forward to seeing a snap of you in your “swim suit”!

I am writing this rather late at night, 11.30 p/m to be exact.  I have not been off duty long as we have been rather busy.

Poor Ivy has not got off duty yet.  She said she wished she had studied other languages than French and her work would have been much easier.*

Wednesday, 30th

This morning's post brought me a letter from the Matron at Belper asking me to go for an interview this afternoon at 2.30 p/m.  Rather short notice.  The letter had been sent home first so I really should have had it yesterday but even that would not have given me much time to make arrangements.

However, I sent her a telegram asking her to arrange another day for my interview.

I was rather amused with the letter I received.  As I said the letter had been sent home but the last sentence in her letter informed me that there was a good bus service from Derby to Belper!  The good lady (?) ought to study her Geography of England a little more.

As it is time for me to go back on duty and do a little more work I will have to say au-revoir once again.

You have all my love Darling.  Ever your own, Grace xxxxx

*  It would seem that Ivy is involved in nursing soldiers from the Free French forces involved in the fighting in France.


#lovestoryworldwar2  #1940slovestory  #wartimelovestory  #loveletters 

#1940snursinghistory  #nursinghistory  #1940snurse   #nursing1940s     


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, 27 August, 1944 - Two Letters

Sunday, 20 August, 1944 - Two Letters

Going to a Dance