Wednesday, 9 August, 1944
G.H.N.
9-8-44 162
10.10 p/m
My Very Own Darling,
I received two air-letters from you this morning so consequently have been happy for the rest of the day. You had written one on Aug: 1st and one on 30 July.
So you have been doing yourself well and going out to dinner, have you? You did not tell me what you had to eat!!
Sorry that the dance following was not much of a success as far as you were concerned. As for me getting suspicious Darling about the Italian girls – I am definitely not! I know that you love me Darling – as I love you and with love – well there must be trust, don’t you think? So you see my Dear, I hope that you do go to dances and enjoy yourself – life must be very dreary for you out there – I still know that I am the only one you love.
You mentioned how persistent the Italian children are and what nuisances they make of themselves but do you know the children here are just as bad for running after the Americans for “Gum chum”. I suppose that it is the same the world over, though I am sure you must get sick of them.
I also received a letter from your Mother this morning. In it was enclosed a snap of your Father, John and Janet – and I must not forget Kiltie, she is in it too. It is very good. Your Mother said that she was sending you several snaps.
John is stood by the side of your Father so when you receive the snap you will see for yourself how John has grown since you went away. He is getting to look more like his big brother every day.
Nothing much has happened here since I last wrote you. We were supposed to have an extra ½ day for August Bank Holiday. I had mine last Monday. There were hardly any places open and there were crowds everywhere. The Assistant Matron asked me if I would go to the Theatre Royal and help to collect for the hospital on Monday afternoon. I could hardly get out of it, though it is not in my line. However, I saw a bit of the show – which was excellent. Tommy Trinder was in it.
It is getting rather late so I will have to say
“Goodnight” my love and get a bit of beauty (?) sleep in. All my love, Darling. Your own Grace xxxxxx
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I will post it on the page as soon as possible.