Friday, 1 September, 1944
Sergt. S. Bristow
Headquarters
15 L of C Signals
Cen. Med. Forces
1 Sep. 44. 197.
My Very Own Sweet Darling,
The start of another month! How the time passes, doesn’t it, very slowly, but none the less surely. Let’s hope that the war continues with the same speed as it has done during this past month.
I had a letter from you this morning Darling and was very thrilled to read your admission that you were ready for marriage & that it could not come too quickly. What a happy change from your outlook on life two years ago. It was at the end of August 1942 that I came to Nottingham and we had our first really “serious” discussion sitting in the Castle grounds. Remember it all, Darling? I did really begin to lose hope at that period, my dear! I never thought I should persuade you that our paths lay together.
There’s a different picture, now though beloved, isn’t there? I don’t think either of us ever visualises the future without the other. Our love has brought a lot of brightness into an otherwise dull life in the past two years, my dear, hasn’t it, greater in the years that are to come.
The letter was the one you wrote on the night before leaving for your week-end at Grimethorpe. It brought back very vividly the excitement I used to experience of going home for 48 hrs leave and finding you waiting for me, dear, and I wished so much that it could happen again quickly. I’ve been thinking of home more than usual today, for it's John and Janet’s birthday today. Its difficult to realize that they are growing up! Wait till we’ve a son and daughter their ages!!
I haven’t a lot of fresh personal news, I’m afraid. Life carries on in its usual dull way, livened only by the brightness of the daily news bulletins. We shall soon be knocking on Germany’s door, Darling, and then the fun will start, a pleasing point about today’s news is that we shall soon have got control of the area from which the flying bombs take off. That will be a great relief to all Southern folks.
The Russians are still going great guns. I suppose your Dad is still as proud of them as he used to be!
Oh, one piece of personal gossip; we were all issued with the new beret type of head-dress today, and some of us cut dashing figures, I can tell you!!
Another thing I can tell you (and so often have) is that I love you so very much Darling. All my dreams are of you and my future always has you as the central figure. Night night, Darling, lots of kisses.
Your own Stan xxxxxxxxx
#lovestoryworldwar2 #1940slovestory #wartimelovestory #loveletters
#royalsignalsworldwar2 #soldierWWII #Italy1944
#ItalyWW2
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. I will post it on the page as soon as possible.