Saturday, 9 September, 1944

G.H.N.

9.9.44           

My Very Precious Darling,

Ivy and I have just returned from a very enjoyable evening out.  We have been to the Albert Hall to hear the Halle Orchestra.  Darling, I wish you could have been with me.  I know that you would have enjoyed it as much as I did.  The music was really delightful.

The piece which really thrilled me was Tchaikovsky’s Symphony no: 4 in F minor but it is hopeless for me to try and explain to you what it was really like – all I know is that I was simply carried away with the whole thing.  It is the very first time I have ever been to a Symphony Concert but it will not be the last.

As Ivy and I will not be here together for much longer we decided to make an evening of it and we went to the County Hotel where we had a very nice dinner.

To-day has been a very good day altogether as I have received two letters from you my Dear.  One arrived this morning and one this evening just before I went out, the latter having only taken six days to reach me.

In that letter you asked me if I remembered our previous discussion in the Castle grounds just over two years ago.  Yes, I remember – very well.  Such a lot has happened since that day Darling, the most important being that we realise just how much we mean to each other and the next that I think (and hope) that this war is rapidly coming to a close.

 Oh my Darling, there are times when I wonder how I manage to go on and on and on without you.  If I had not the knowledge that I have your true love as much you have mine life would not be worth living.  Having somebody and something to live and plan and hope for makes all the difference does it not Dearest?

I cannot imagine what sort of existence I led before I met you and you taught me what love really was.  I am sure Darling that our married life will turn out to be all that we hope and plan it might be.  I do not see how it can do any other do you?

I am my dearest love, your own Grace xxxxxx



#lovestoryworldwar2  #1940slovestory  #wartimelovestory  #loveletters   #Nottingham1940s  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, 27 August, 1944 - Two Letters

Sunday, 20 August, 1944 - Two Letters

Monday, 4 September, 1944 - Two Letters