Thursday, 15 October, 1942

G. H. N.

Thursday night    

My Own Darling,

I received your letter a few hours ago, so I am replying tonight and posting it by first post in the morning , so you may receive this letter by Saturday afternoon.  I will write again at the week-end so that if you do receive this Saturday there will be post for you on Monday morning.

By the way, how long does it take my letters to reach you now, do you get them any quicker?

Darling, I am very sorry if my previous letter sounded as if you still had severe competition from Miss Nightingale.  You have not, really.  I suppose that its when I have been in this place a good many weeks I get settled in the hospital routine and then Miss Nightingale does come and give me a slight reminder, but Darling, it is very occasionally and I suppose your letter arrived at one of these moments.

You know, Dear, deep down I do really love you and if this Nightingale complex (as you choose to call it) comes upon me it quickly passes, but my love for you remains.

I too am looking forward to Nov. 20th as by hook or by crook I shall have some time off.  If I am not on night duty I will go and talk nicely to Matron.  If I tell her why I want the time off and try my persuasive powers she may give in.

Well my dear, if I do not want the light to go out on me tonight I had better close.  I have to write to Mother yet too.

Good-night my love.  Yours as always, Grace  xxxx

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday, 6 October, 19942

Monday, 28 September, 1942

Grace's Friends