Saturday, 26 August, 1944

2364226
Sergt. S. Bristow
Headquarters
15 L of C Signals
Cen. Med. Forces

26 Aug. 44.                                                                         195.

My Very Own Darling,

Since writing to you last night, two things have happened which make it necessary for me to write to you again this evening.

Firstly, I had a very nice epistle from you by this morning's mail, which assured me of being in excellent spirits for the rest of the day (yes, dear, your letters are the best tonic I can ever have) and secondly I managed to get the snap I’ve been promising you for the past couple of weeks.*

I am enclosing it herewith as it’s the first time you’ve seen me undressed, Darling, don’t pass too rude remarks!!  I can assure you that the real thing looks even better – but you’ll find that out sooner or later!!!  Vain, aren’t I?  I don’t look very sun tanned there, but now I’m a lovely peach colour all over (almost).

Yes, darling, as you say in your last letter, I suppose I ought to be thankful to stay in the safeness of my present whereabouts.  I certainly want to be all in one piece when I come back to England to marry you – well, if I wasn’t I shouldn’t expect you to tie yourself to me.  It will be a hard enough struggle after the war for a fit bloke, never mind a disabled one.

Of course I’m not jealous of you Darling, taking your soldiers out (I am, but not in a nasty sort of way).  We love each other as deeply as it is possible for anyone to love each other and after all, love & trust go hand in hand, don’t they?  You cannot have one without the other, can you?

And I love you so very much my Dearest Grace and am happy to know that you are doing your best to make these grand lads as comfortable as possible.

I too am sorry that I am not near enough to avail myself of the long kiss which you want to give me for sending you the last snap.

Daily, Darling, do I dream of the delights of being held closely in your arms, sensitive of all the thrills which you alone can give to me.  There have been times in the last eighteen months when I’ve been down in the dumps when the thought of these heavenly evenings we’ve spent together, happy in each other’s company enjoying all the delights which our love-making produced have been sufficient to restore my good spirits, for I know that they – and better – will be experienced by us both in the future.  I look forward to them so eagerly my Angel.

To hold you close, letting my fingers wander idly where they will, & to feel you thrill at my very touch is my constant dream.

I love you so my Darling.   Your own Stan xxxxxxxxx

* Sadly there is no trace of this photograph!


#lovestoryworldwar2  #1940slovestory  #wartimelovestory  #loveletters   #soldierWWII  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, 20 August, 1944 - Two Letters

Going to a Dance

Sunday, 23 July, 1944