Wednesday, 23 August, 1944

2364226
Sergt. S. Bristow
Headquarters
15 L of C Signals
Cen. Med. Forces

23 Aug. 44.                                                                         193.

My Most Precious Darling,

Something or other cropped up to prevent me from writing last night, so I’m afraid that this letter will be a day later than usual.  Still, I’ve got plenty to write about to-day.

What do you think of the fall of Paris, Darling?  Simply marvellous, isn’t it?  And now the Yanks are only 200 miles from the German border.  I feel sure it can’t last much longer in Europe.

Such good news always makes me so excited Dearest, for the end of the war means such a lot to you and I.  That honeymoon you refer to in your last letter which arrived this morning, is a lot nearer Darling, and I think you could not have made a better suggestion, than for us to spend it in some small quiet fishing village, if we get married in the summer.  Personally I think the Devon or Cornwall coast would prove ideal.  I’ve never been down there, but I understand there’s lots of quiet little bays and coves where one can lose oneself from the rest of the world – and that’s what you and I will want to do, isn’t it, Angel?

To talk and write of that happy time sends thrills running up and down my spine.  How much more thrilling will the real thing be?  As you say Darling, wherever we are & go to when we are married, the very fact of us being together after such a long absence will be seventh heaven.  Our meeting once again has become my nightly dream beloved.  I love you so my Darling.

Had an afternoon off yesterday to go and see Bebe Daniels & Ben Lyon, who are touring Italy with their “High Gang” show.  It was most enjoyable and very funny.  Wish you could have been with me Dear.  That would have made the afternoon complete.  I never realized that I should long for the love and companionship of anyone so much as I long for yours, Darling.  No matter who I am with, male or female, my one thought is for you.  There are many people, places etc. I should have loved you to have met and seen with me.

That’s one reason why life will be different when I get back to England, dearest.  I shall be doing things with you and for you & that is missing out here.  I shall be able to have your views on things and have arguments about things.  Oh, Darling, it should be so thrilling shouldn’t it?

Just room left my Dear to tell you once again that you are the only girl in the world for me and that I love you as much as is humanly possible.

Night night my Darling.  Always yours Stan xxxxxxxxxx

 

#lovestoryworldwar2  #1940slovestory  #wartimelovestory  #loveletters  #soldierWWII  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, 23 July, 1944

Sunday, 20 August, 1944 - Two Letters

Going to a Dance